(1) This term is used by thru-hikers to describe those who will use shortcuts, connector trails, and alternative trails, periodically for a change of pace or for a break from monotony.
(2) A person who hikes easier trails to bypass mountains on the Appalachian Trail. Most of these side trails are "blazed" or marked in blue.
(3) A long-distance hiker who substitutes a section of blue-blazed trail for the official, white-blazed section on the main trail.
(1) He got tired of hiking the main trail and did a little blue blazing.
(2) A blue-blazer is not what you wear but what you are, if you hike this way.
(3) A kind of mens' sport coat that, when lit, burns with a blue flame. It produces a blaze which is quite enjoyable in a dimly lit woodland setting.